Rather than worrying about how long a bra should last, we should be more concerned with when it is a good time to kiss that favourite bra goodbye. Why? Because a bra can last for for as long as possible depending on how you wear and take care of it. Someone who has 14 favorite bras will only wear 1 bra 2 times in a month if they wear all 14. It means that 1 of the bras will only go to work 24 times in a year.
Let’s get to it, when is a bra dead?
Our bras, like shoes have a job to do, once they are dead, they can’t do their job anymore. If you answer yes to most of the points below, then it might be time for an overhaul.
How do you know a dead bra? read the 9 signs below:
- When your bra band rides up even after wearing your bra on the tightest hook. Rather than your bra band laying flat horizontally at the back, it forms an arc. (If it’s a new bra, then your band is too big).
- When the elastic is so stretched out that it doesn’t bounce back anymore. Your entire palm can go in and out. Lol.
- When the cups, especially molded cups, are saggy and have no shape any more. You don’t want the bump stories.
- When the bra is discolored.
- When the stitches are ripped, or when the band or cup has holes in it (this one goes for panties as well).
- When underwires poke out or break, and you’ve tried fixing it, but it pokes out again, stabbing you in the chest.
- When the hooks are broken or rusted.
- When your bra has no lift or support and your bra no longer does its job. Your boobs won’t look youthful. If this is your case, forget it, no cloth will look good.
- And when they generally begin to feel uncomfortable, you know it’s time to change them and put them to rest.
A good quality bra is an investment, and what do we do with investments? we take care of them. One great way to extend the lifespan of your bras is by taking care of them and having more of your favorite styles.
This image drives home our point.
Our goal is to do away with the following so you can have well fitted comfortable undergarments you will love everyday:
- Pinching underwire
- Over-tight bands
- Spillover from a too-small cup
- Wandering straps
- and all the telltale signs of a bad bra.
Have you got questions? drop them here and we will be happy to proffer solutions.