“Love is never any better than the lover.” This is one of the many quotes that Toni Morrison has impacted our lives with.
Toni Morrison was one of the greatest icons in history. She was an American novelist and a great one at that with a noble prize award. She gave herself to her books and gave us a part of her through her writings.
She was 88 years when she passed but those years where indeed filled with novels that make our hearts joyful and quotes that inspire us to live well and fulfilled.
Here are 7 quotes, that have impacted and challenged us to live well:
- You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.
2. If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, you must be the one to write it.
3. Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another.
4. Definitions belong to the definers, not the defined.
5. You are your best thing.
6. The function of freedom is to free.
7. As you enter positions of trust and power, dream a little before you think.