A good fitting bra is an essential in every woman’s closet especially for fuller women. And other than the band and cup of a bra, the seams of a bra play an important role in how your bra fits and the extent of uplift you get.
Bras usually come in various seams – from partly seamed, vertical seamed, to moulded cups and three-part cups among others. In this post however, our focus is on three-part seamed cups.
What is a Three-Part Seamed Cup?
A three-part seamed cup according to Estelle Puleston of Etsy Lingerie, is “made from 3 pieces of fabric – two at the bottom and one at the top. The bottom section has a vertical seam which provides support and uplift. However, there is also a horizontal or diagonal seam that goes across the breast. The more horizontal that this seam is, the more rounded a shape the bra will have. A three-part cup offers a lot of support but slightly less uplift than a purely vertically-seamed one.”
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐦, 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞-𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 cup 𝐛𝐫𝐚 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.
- It provides better support for heavier breasts because the seams make them sturdier. The direction it is sewn in affects the extent of support and uplift.
- Vertical seam directs the breast tissue upward thus providing incredible lift.
- The horizontal seam provides support and the more horizontal it is, the more rounded the breasts will be. A three part cup bra generally provides stellar shaping.
- It enhances your natural shape. A three part cup bra will adjust to your specific body directing the tissue as needed.
- Three part cup bras can come in moulded or unpadded, unlined styles and are perfect for every one, especially fuller women because they give great support, shaping and lift.
Who doesn’t want uplift, shaping, support and comfort? Find all your favorite items here.