Here are 5 amazing health benefits of eating bananas that I bet you did not know.
1. Bananas lower high blood pressure: A medium- sized banana has about 422mg of potassium and is nearly sodium-free. The high potassium-to-sodium ratio helps to neutralize the blood pressure – raising effect of sodium in the diet.
2. Bananas improve digestion:Bananas are loaded with fiber, both soluble and insoluble. Fiber is an important nutrient in the body because it helps regulate the speed of digestion, slowing it down. Eating a banana will make you feel full longer and can also help with the problem of constipation.
3. Bananas improve cardiovascular health:Eating foods high in fiber is is good for the heart, and bananas are full of fiber. A high-fiber has been linked with a lower risk of both cardiovascular disease and coronary heart disease. The soluble fiber present in banana is, in particular, associated with a decreased risk of heart disease. A healthy, balanced diet will provide the essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants your body needs-top it off with a banana or two for an extra 4 grams of fiber per fruit.
4. Bananas are rich in Vitamin c:When you think of vitamin C, oranges 🍊 and strawberries 🍓 might be the first fruits that come to mind. But a full serving of bananas provides a whooping 15 percent of the daily requirement for this essential nutrient. Vitamin C is an important antioxidant that neutralizes harmful free radicals in the body.Free radicals are uncharged atoms, molecules or ions( the “bad guys”) that are constantly destroying cells in your body. Vitamin C also aids in keeping blood vessels healthy and produces collagen that holds muscles, bones and other tissues together.
5. Bananas fight anemia:Because bananas are high in iron, consuming them can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and help fight anemia. Anemia is a condition where there is a decrease in the number of red blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood, leading to fatigue, paleness and shortness of breath. Moreover, Vitamin B6 present in banana regulates blood glucose levels, which can also help those suffering from anemia.